Why were some inclusions of the bars selected instead of others?
Inclusions needed to be nutrient dense.Our criteria for choosing what to add to our chocolate was based on boosting health through food to our already antioxidant rich 70% and 39% cacao. All inclusions were qualified first as having a Low-GI (Glycemic Index), which matched our focus for sugar free and provided the most enrichment for the calorie intake.
- Chia Super Food is added to the Coconut bar because coconut was not enough of a health enhancement on its own https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3518271/ U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health. PMC
- Crispy Puffed Quinoa Super Food, a nutritional powerhouse, was added to make a crispy bar, instead of rice with its poor nutrition content and Hi-GI.
- Tart Montmorency Cherries Super Fruits for their anti-inflammation properties, a fruit that Diabetics can eat
- Elderberries Super Fruit, for their immune boosting powers
- Cocoa Nibs- 100% cacao providing an antioxidant boost to the already high 70% Dark Chocolate
- We roast all nuts in our bars in-house toasty, just before adding to the bars for freshness and maximum flavor.
- No empty flavorings/calories, just real Super Foods to boost the nutritional value of the antioxidant star, the cocoa bean.